Me, me!!!

My photo
Madras, TAMIL NADU, India
Not an outdoor person.. prefer to get buried beneath books, music and movies... has these strange philosophies about life that might puzzle you. At the same time, likes to live life. Loves simple people, especially those who veil their formidable knowledge behind humility (The poems here don't reflect my mind or anyone else's. Maybe, just a patch of what various people go through.)

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The melancholy

I heard it long ago, in my dream I think.

But the melody still lingers, like it was just yesterday.

A song that I alone follow and written for just me.

Ascending notes of angst, like ripples in water.

One leading to another, in a pattern that escapes me.

The language is known, yet unknown.

Faintly reverberating in my mind, I hear it only in my sleep.

Even today when I dare to dream, the same dream

5 comments:

  1. One leading to another, in a pattern that escapes me.... is a beautiful virgin lines..

    Thanks for sharing proximity..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janani, How are you ? Long time, no posts ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ash :) thnks for dropping by.. yeah been tied up with some work.. hope to write one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful lines Janani :). Been following your posts for a while...thought I should pass my Namaste too :). U write very well :)

    ReplyDelete